Views
Helpful
Replies

I suffering a strange issue with ACS 4.2

CSCO11518107
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I suffering a strange issue , I have two group users (wireless user , VPN users),

• I created a NAR To restrict users,, created two group NAR (network access restriction ) wirless group and vpn group
  • I attached wireless NAR group to wireless group user , and attached VPN NAR group to VPN group users ,

Supposed Wireless users only have access to wireless ,and VPN users just have access to connect VPN and they don’t have access wireless .

The issue VPN user can access wireless!!!!!

Notice I used ACS4.2 And Aruba controller

Is this bug in ACS 4.2 or what ? please advice

1.gif

22.png

33.png

444.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

NAR is based on matching attribute information sent by a AAA client. Therefore the format and content of the attributes that a AAA client 
sends is important if we want to employ NARs effectively.  It seems that the device ( on which the user tried to log on) is not able to send 
attributes 30, 31 to the ACS server and therefore NAR is not getting applied.

Radius attributes 30 and 31 are required for ACS to process the NAR. This is why many third party devices do not work properly with ACS 
NAR's.  Also attribute 32 is used to identify the NAS under Network Configuration only if attribute 4 does not exist in the access-accept 
packet.  If attribute 4 exists, then 32 is ignored.  In summary, attributes 4 and 32 are used to identify the NAS, and attributes 30 and 
31 are used to filter based.

I would suggest you to use both IP base and CLI/DNIS base NAR and that should work fine.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

NAR is based on matching attribute information sent by a AAA client. Therefore the format and content of the attributes that a AAA client 
sends is important if we want to employ NARs effectively.  It seems that the device ( on which the user tried to log on) is not able to send 
attributes 30, 31 to the ACS server and therefore NAR is not getting applied.

Radius attributes 30 and 31 are required for ACS to process the NAR. This is why many third party devices do not work properly with ACS 
NAR's.  Also attribute 32 is used to identify the NAS under Network Configuration only if attribute 4 does not exist in the access-accept 
packet.  If attribute 4 exists, then 32 is ignored.  In summary, attributes 4 and 32 are used to identify the NAS, and attributes 30 and 
31 are used to filter based.

I would suggest you to use both IP base and CLI/DNIS base NAR and that should work fine.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts!

thank you veery match , it's working fine now .