cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import Devices into My Devices portal

j656
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to upgrade to ISE 3.1 and we use the My Devices portal for our employees to register their personal devices. Does anyone know if it is possible to import devices and have those devices show up in the users My Device portal? 

Users log into the My Devices portal using their AD domain user accounts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to 'link' an endpoint to a particular BYOD user account when importing endpoints via Context Visibility. The only way that linkage happens is via the My Devices portal registration flow.

If you need to upgrade your current cluster to 3.1, you would need to use either the direct upgrade or the backup/restore method. Both of those methods should retain the endpoint/user linkage for endpoints registered via My Devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFAIK its not possible directly from the My Devices Portal.  It can be done with Context Visibility on the Primary Admin Node by importing a standard ISE endpoint CSV; ensuring the correct fields are filled out.  I would probably test a "normal" My Devices registration flow and export that endpoint to verify which fields need to be present in the import CSV and where specifically the AD username attribute is stored.

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to 'link' an endpoint to a particular BYOD user account when importing endpoints via Context Visibility. The only way that linkage happens is via the My Devices portal registration flow.

If you need to upgrade your current cluster to 3.1, you would need to use either the direct upgrade or the backup/restore method. Both of those methods should retain the endpoint/user linkage for endpoints registered via My Devices.

j656
Level 1
Level 1

Just checking to see if this is possible in ISE 3.2?