cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing users from ACS 4.x to ACS 5.x

paultribe
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to export internal ACS users from an ACS 4.x Windows (On ESXi), solution to an ACS 5.x solution. All I want to be able to do is export usernames and passwords out of the 4.x solution and then import them into the 5.x solution. I thought maybe the CSUtil program be used ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Best thing to think of is migration because the method proposed above is likely manually entering them one by one .

Also you need to know every single password for each user which doesn't scale at all.

So, Go for migration.

Export the users.

Reset the config on your ACS 5.

Then import the users again.

Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Make sure to rate correct answers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may fetch the information in dump file but the password would be encrypted.

When you install ACS in the default location, CSUtil.exe is located in:

C:\Program Files\CiscoSecure ACS vx.x\bin

On the Csutil directory, you need to run a command that will import the

file you have create in above step.

csutil -d dump_filename

Creating an ACS Internal Database Dump File

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.

2/user/guide/A_CSUtil.html#wp417749

Also, the template format/field would be different in both the ACS codes so you need to do some modification to file that need to be imported.

You can download the sample template from the ACS 5.x and create it according to your requiremnt.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

Thanks Jkatyal but I found the migration utility was actually quite straight forward and I imported all the groups and users with passwords intact. Thanks for your option too.

Paul

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Best thing to think of is migration because the method proposed above is likely manually entering them one by one .

Also you need to know every single password for each user which doesn't scale at all.

So, Go for migration.

Export the users.

Reset the config on your ACS 5.

Then import the users again.

Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Make sure to rate correct answers