Views
Helpful
Replies

Input Email only without validation on ISE 2.3 Self-Registered Guest Portal

Asafkostika
Level 1
Level 1

Hey ,

I using ISE v2.3 and there is option to use social media login with "Facebook" .

The login with Facebook is working well, but i want to able clients to input their Email address only -  without validation or create an account.

Here is the current Login page :

ISE.JPG

i want to delete Username & Password boxes and create one box of "Email address" .

after they input the email address , they can press login and recieve success page.

at the Login page sure need to be the Log in with Facebook .

i tried to customized from ISE - portal page customization but there is no way to delete "User & Pass ".

i tried also at ISE Portal Builder .

Is it possible to use "Self-Registration Portal" without the needed to create an account ?

Could someone write me an HTML code for that ?

thanks ,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the user doesn't have a social login and you just want them to enter a email address you can hide the password prompted:

<script>

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].value = '0';

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].style.visibility = 'hidden';

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].type = 'hidden';

</script>

Change the Username prompted to "Email Address:".  Remove the Password text.

Then create a RADIUS callback sequence as your guest portal authenticating sequence.  In your callback sequence, you set the User Not Found condition to continue and make sure anything passes in the authorization phase.  This way anything the user types into the Email Address field will work.

I tested this in my lab and works like a charm.  If you don't know what the RADIUS callback sequence is check the forums as it is documented.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paul
Level 10
Level 10

If you aren't validating anything why even bring them into a portal with any input fields?  Just use a hotspot portal to show the AUP page and success message.  In your scenario above the user can input anything they want into the email box and get on the Internet.

I know - you right . This is my customer request .

Facebook integration already captures the email address

So wouldn’t you just need a portal that hides the username and password

Then requires user to login with Facebook?

Do you have that code ( hide user and password inputs) ?

Check under http://cs.co/ise-community guest web auth page, there are examples of hiding other elements and could Be adapted

Can you confirm what I asked ?

If the user doesn't have a social login and you just want them to enter a email address you can hide the password prompted:

<script>

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].value = '0';

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].style.visibility = 'hidden';

portalloginForm.elements["user.password"].type = 'hidden';

</script>

Change the Username prompted to "Email Address:".  Remove the Password text.

Then create a RADIUS callback sequence as your guest portal authenticating sequence.  In your callback sequence, you set the User Not Found condition to continue and make sure anything passes in the authorization phase.  This way anything the user types into the Email Address field will work.

I tested this in my lab and works like a charm.  If you don't know what the RADIUS callback sequence is check the forums as it is documented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: