Views
Helpful
Replies

Install ACS 5.X backup

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

Hello friends

I have ACS 5.2 in standalone mode in operation and need not incorporating a second server for high availability ACS, the new ACS is a version 5.1

What should I do first, upgrade the ACS version 5.2 and created the high availability or high availability and get up after the upgrade?

regards

fixie rider
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cam Le
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Javier,

If I understand you correctly, the current ACS is on 5.2, whereas the new ACS is on 5.1. Since they’re on different versions, setting them in a distributed system (high availability as you said) won’t work; they need to be on the same version and same patch level. So, you’ll need to upgrade the new ACS to 5.2 first and then register it to the current ACS (assumingly the Primary ACS).

Regards,

Cam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cam Le
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Javier,

If I understand you correctly, the current ACS is on 5.2, whereas the new ACS is on 5.1. Since they’re on different versions, setting them in a distributed system (high availability as you said) won’t work; they need to be on the same version and same patch level. So, you’ll need to upgrade the new ACS to 5.2 first and then register it to the current ACS (assumingly the Primary ACS).

Regards,

Cam

Thanks Cam Le for you answer!

Regards

fixie rider