Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installation ise iso in vmware workstation

hi ,

i hope that you are doing good.

I want to ask you if can i install cisco ise 2.6 in vmware workstation 15.2.2 ?

Thank you to find in attach the capture when i use iso file and ova file.

best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While ISE is not officially supported by Cisco in VMware Workstation 15, I can confirm that it does work to deploy from the ISO at least. I have ISE running in workstation on two different lab machines, one using a mounted cifs share, the other just using the C drive.  

How do you have your vm resources set up?  Here is what works for me. I suspect from the error you have in the ISO install screenshot that it might be disk controller related.  

vmware-ws-ise.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While ISE is not officially supported by Cisco in VMware Workstation 15, I can confirm that it does work to deploy from the ISO at least. I have ISE running in workstation on two different lab machines, one using a mounted cifs share, the other just using the C drive.  

How do you have your vm resources set up?  Here is what works for me. I suspect from the error you have in the ISO install screenshot that it might be disk controller related.  

vmware-ws-ise.png

Hi, I need some help please; can you tell where I can find ise 5520 (recent version...8.x for instance) iso file to use on vm workstation 15.5?

Thanks.

This question does not sound related to ISE at all, so I'm assuming you're asking about the virtual version of the ASA firewall (ASAv). The 9.x code was the earliest shipped with the ASAv and you can find more information on compatibility and download links here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/virtual-adaptive-security-appliance-firewall/series.html#~tab-documents