Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient disk space to perform full backup

antero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all

i'm trying to backup my acs 5.2 "backup acs repository repository  application acs" but acs gives me a critical error.

% Creating backup with timestamped filename: acs-121022-1431.tar.gpg

% Error: Insufficient disk space to perform full backup.

%        Try lowering the data window on ACSView Data retention under Data Management Configuration.

% Application backup error

how do i lower the data witdow in ACS view?

thanks in adv

Antero

9 Replies 9

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a VM or appliance?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Its a VM.

Please issue a "show disks" from CLI? Please keep in mind that if this was deployed as a evaluation ACS that adding an additional disk to compensate for the overall supported disk size will not work. You should only see one disk after this command which should total 500G.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tadami

the info is strange

disk: 1% used (140068 of 65539868)

temp. space 17% used (1280380 of 8063408)

Internal filesystems:

all internal filesystems have sufficient free space

Thanks

Antero

this was a clean install in VMware.

Antero

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem.

That is an interesting issue, did you try to reboot this machine, and are you using thin provisioning? If so, that is not supported.

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi

the problem is solved now, i've openned a TAC and the cisco Guy told me how to solve it.

in summary you need to have root access to ACS and then erase de acsview database and put a clean one.

my acsview db has grown to 175GB., this was caused by  the misconfiguration of acsview database doesn't being backuped and the  purgin was, in this case, not being also done.

so Brian if you hav e the same problem then you need to open a TAC case.

Thanks

Antero Vasconcelos

You can put the operation command post it for me ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: