cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal User Identity Group as an ASA Class Value

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.0 with AnyConnect RA VPN. I am trying to use the internal user's identity group as the Class attribute to assign a group policy on the ASA.  I've tried both IdentityGroup:Name and InternalUser:IdentityGroup in my Authorization Profile:

Access Type = ACCESS_ACCEPT

Class = IdentityGroup:Name

Both configurations end up including the attribute title along with the attribute value:

Result

State     ReauthSession:c0a800fe000a100057331935

Class     User Identity Groups:Contractor

If I use the AD Department value, all that is returned is the attribute value, not the attribute title

Result

State     ReauthSession:c0a800fe00095000573234a5

Class     IT

How can I use the Internal User Identity Group to assign the Class Value to the ASA for Group-Policy?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you trying for the following in an authorization profile?

Class = Contractor

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you trying for the following in an authorization profile?

Class = Contractor

Regards,

-Tim

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  I am getting the whole string but only need the value.  I am getting "User Identity Groups:Contractor".  The ASA is expecting "Contractor".  How do I strip off "User Identity Groups"?

I don't believe you can strip that part of the attribute.  Would it be possible to create group policy on the ASA that matches the Class value returned?  For example:

Auth Profile:

Class = IdentityGroup:Contractor

ASA Group Policy:

IdentityGroup:Contractor

Regards,

-Tim

I can try that as a workaround. Is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

I believe you may use a value of a regular attribute (built-in or customized) for an internal user.