cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to assign a policy to a specific PSN node group?

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I canot find the answer to this question on ISE Admin guide, and it seems to me that Node Group only functionality is to detect a failure between PSN nodes that belong to a specific group so to keep the sessions active. (I may be wrong)

Is it possible to create a policy for device admin with NPS and MFA per region? What I'm trying to get is that every ISE PSN in one region use the NPS for MFA in the same region as primary option, and the other region as alternate. The identitiy source sequence does not address this regional issue and one solution would be to have 2 sequences and then create a different policy to the specific node group (EMEA and APAC), OR use a load-balancer and use topology to detect the location of the ISE PSN and redirect the request to the NPS in that region.

The alternate methods could be:
   1) Use "Dictionary=Network Access" AND "Attribute=ISE Host Name" to detect the PSN that originates the request
   2) Use "Dictionary=DEVICE" AND "Attribute=Location" to detect the geography if this is properly created

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No option for matching an ISE PSN Node Group exists today. Your closest option is to user Network-Access:ISE-Host-Name for any of the nodes in your node group(s). If you want this, you will want to wish for a new ISE feature @ https://cs.co/ise-wish

image.png

Typically location-based policy is handled by any PSN - without concern for any node groups - using a Network Device Group (NDG) specified in Device:Location, your option #2.

image.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No option for matching an ISE PSN Node Group exists today. Your closest option is to user Network-Access:ISE-Host-Name for any of the nodes in your node group(s). If you want this, you will want to wish for a new ISE feature @ https://cs.co/ise-wish

image.png

Typically location-based policy is handled by any PSN - without concern for any node groups - using a Network Device Group (NDG) specified in Device:Location, your option #2.

image.png

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Thanks @thomas for your expert comment on the different options.