cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to disable profiling (ISE 2.1) for a specific Wireless SSID?

ciscotac16
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Is it possible within ISE 2.1 to limit profiling to certain SSIDs only?  (Specifically, the request is to disable it on a Guest SSID, while leaving it enabled on all others.) 

Thank you,

Deb

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as I know it's not possible in ISE, even with 2.2.

Hi, Marvin.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

I have also opened an SR with TAC, and if there's any different news from there I'll post it here.

Regards,

Deb

Angel Castillo
Level 1
Level 1

On the WLC your enable profiling on each SSID (wireless >> SSID >> advanced options)

Angel - that's a good suggerstion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would only cover the Device Sensor aspect of profiling which supplements the normal RADIUS accounting information with that collected locally by the WLC. All of the other probe types enabled on the ISE deployment would continue to attempt to profile the endpoints on the SSID even on the WLANs with local profiling not enabled.

Yes, RADIUS probe only ... but for example, he can desactive the ip helper on the respective interface VLAN of SSID also (desactive DHCP Probe)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: