cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a version of ISE that can be loaded on Virtualbox for a small lab system?

ccurrent
Level 4
Level 4

Subject says it all.  I gave up on VMWare ESX for my home lab, and would like to run ISE on virtualbox, but I get the "unsupported hardware" message when trying to install.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Like Charles said, it's not supported. You might be able to get it to work by downloading one of ISE OVA file and converting it to OVF, etc. I do not have a ready virtualbox setup to try it for you.

On the other hand, I would suggest you to reconsider VMware as it has wilder support on Cisco products that offering virtual appliances.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE is supported on the following Virtual Platforms:

VMWare ESXi

Linux KVM (ISE 2.1 and up)

Microsoft Hyper-V (ISE 2.2)

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Like Charles said, it's not supported. You might be able to get it to work by downloading one of ISE OVA file and converting it to OVF, etc. I do not have a ready virtualbox setup to try it for you.

On the other hand, I would suggest you to reconsider VMware as it has wilder support on Cisco products that offering virtual appliances.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: