cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.0.665 Application Server is still initializing.

blakeweston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had a working server running ISE version 1.1.0.665 but someone in the build room decided to pull the power out of the server rather than shutting it down correctly. I have booted the server back up however the web management page was not accessable. I have checked the server status and the end result is the Application Server in the "still initializing" stage. I have left the server for several hours and the status has not changed.

I know people have previously run into this issue but no one has posted any resolution or confirmed that a rebuild is the only solution. Can someone please inform me if a solution to this issue exists. I have tried to create an on-demand backup but it seems to fail when attempting to provide the credentials (which are correct) for the FTP server.

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Make sure dns and ntp is all working. I would try to stop and start the services.

All stop ise

App start ise

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Kanes Ramasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am also facing the similar issue, can I ask what was done to have this  resolved. 

I have rebooted the server, stop and start the app. But the application server is still in initializing. 

Please help

Thanks and Regards,

Kanes.R

Please verify this 2 bugs:

CSCtz28057
Symptom:
After upgrade to 1.1 application server status remains initializing.
sh appl status ise
ISE Application Server is still initializing
Conditions:
Upgrade from ISE 1.0.4 to 1.1.
OR
Fresh install of ISE 1.1
Workaround:
A. Do a fresh install of 1.1.
B. Do "application reset-config ise".
The above workaround does not guarantee resolution of the issue.
There is no functional impact on the product. The only problem is the wrong status shown in the CLI.
Known Affected Releases:
(1)
1.1(0.665)

CSCuj49903

Symptom:
ISE CLI shows Application Server is still initializing
Conditions:
Downloading / viewing large logfiles from pdp causes out of memory error
example you are downloading ise-prrt.log
Workaround:
none

Known Affected Releases:    1.2(0.899)
(1)
Known Fixed Releases:
(2)
1.2(0.906)
1.2(1.198)

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the assistance. I have already re-imaged the ISE and issue is now resolved. 

Regards,

Kanes.R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: