Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.1 Android supplicant

kev-matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm giving ISE 1.1.1 a go in the lab before I deploy it into our live wireless and I've hit a problem with the Android supplicant. I've finally gotten iOS to register and obtain the wireless profile, but when we try with an Android, the device registers and we download the supplicant software from the Google Play (so far so good) but once the software opens it starts the provisioning process and returns 'unable to locate server'. Looking at the registration flow, it would appear that its unable to relocate the ISE. Is there anything that I've missed? Our provisioning ACL on the WLC allows full access to the ISE, any DNS and any port 5228 (google play).

Any help would be amazing as its starting to drive me a bit crazy!

Thanks

Kev

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

10 Replies 10

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kev,

You better move your thread to the AAA and Identity forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/aaa

They'll help you better with the ISE part.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thanks Amjad

Can you check your DNS again, try to access the Play Store from any Laptop browser.

May be your DNS cannot solve the Play Store either the DNS forwarder is not set properly.

DNS is very important for Identity Service Engine.

Cheers,

Pongsatorn M.

Hi, yes we can access the play store as we can download and install the SPW to the android device.  Once the client is launched it shows the error "unable to locate server", so it would seem that it's unable to locate the ISE.

I ran into this issue also and will debug the issue in a day or two. I gt this to work once but will remove my cert and eat work profile to see what is going on.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I upgraded my OS to ice cream sandwich and it worked fine with Opera, i ran into some issues with firefox (screenshot attached). I will keep trying to see if this occurs again.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks Tarik, That's different to what we've seen, we get an error when the actual supplicant application is launched (the SPW from the Google Play store).

Not a problem, I was receivng the same error also and thought I could reproduce this for you but when i tested it this morning it started to work. See if you can uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

I wanted to know how your ACLs are configured for your supplicant provision authorization policy. Try not to restrict any ports at the moment and see if the android client connects.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarik,

I've attached a copy of our ACL - 10.10.10.70 is the ISE, and then port 5228 is for the Google Play store.

I've heard that you may need to put a deny in for HTTP requests to the default gateway, but I would assume that would be covered by the implicit deny?

Thanks Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: