Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.3 provisioning problem for the first DOT1x connection

vrz rrr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am wondering how a wired dot1x client can get the NAC agent downloaded for its very first connection from ISE ?

Should the Agent be installed before the first connection ?

I'have set up ISE 1.1.3 for provisioning (files have been downloaded from cisco website) (upgrade mandatory)

I have an AuthZ rule for a correct posture assessment

and

another AuthZ rule for an unknown posture assessment that triggers a posture remediation (file download)

(in that order)

NAC agent is properly configured ( FQDN...), the users gets and nothing happen !

no NAC upgrade

no NAC assessment.

Any idea ?

Does it take a while for the new agent to be downloaded ?

Best regards.

V.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In order to troubleshoot the NAC agent problem, we need to check  couples of things.like

1.)Ensure that the discovery host address on the Cisco NAC agent or  Mac OS X agent is pointing to the Cisco ISE FQDN. (Right-click on the  NAC agent icon,

choose Properties, and check the discovery host.)

2.) Ensure that the access switch allows Swiss communication between  Cisco ISE and the end client machine. Limited access ACL applied for the  session should allow Swiss ports:

permit tcp any host 80.0.80.2 eq 8905 --> This is for posture

communication between NAC agent and ISE (Swiss ports)

permit udp any host 80.0.80.2 eq 8905 --> This is for posture

deny ip any any

3.)If the agent login dialog still does not appear, it could be a  certificate issue. Ensure that the certificate that is used for Swiss  communication on the end client is in the Cisco ISE certificate trusted  list.

4.) Ensure that the default gateway is reachable from the client  machine.

As per your confirmation, I am going to close the case for this specific  inquiry. We strive to provide you with excellent service. Please feel  free to reach out to me or any member of the SAC team if we can be of  any further assistance or if you have any other related questions in the  future. We value your input and look forward to serving you moving  forward.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vrz rrr
Level 1
Level 1

Nac Agent never pop up, switch is properly configured. redirec URL and ACL seen in  "sh authen sess interface"

posture status is pending and nothing more happens

Any idea ?

V.

In order to troubleshoot the NAC agent problem, we need to check  couples of things.like

1.)Ensure that the discovery host address on the Cisco NAC agent or  Mac OS X agent is pointing to the Cisco ISE FQDN. (Right-click on the  NAC agent icon,

choose Properties, and check the discovery host.)

2.) Ensure that the access switch allows Swiss communication between  Cisco ISE and the end client machine. Limited access ACL applied for the  session should allow Swiss ports:

permit tcp any host 80.0.80.2 eq 8905 --> This is for posture

permit udp any host 80.0.80.2 eq 8905 --> This is for posture

deny ip any any

3.)If the agent login dialog still does not appear, it could be a  certificate issue. Ensure that the certificate that is used for Swiss  communication on the end client is in the Cisco ISE certificate trusted  list.

4.) Ensure that the default gateway is reachable from the client  machine.

As per your confirmation, I am going to close the case for this specific  inquiry. We strive to provide you with excellent service. Please feel  free to reach out to me or any member of the SAC team if we can be of  any further assistance or if you have any other related questions in the  future. We value your input and look forward to serving you moving  forward.