cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 - Any way to log Sponsor login failures?

Scott McAndrew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I'm having a very tough time with a couple of sponsor users getting logged into the sponsor portal.

We have a very limited role, where we permit "Domain Users" to get in and create short guest accounts. It works pretty much across the board.

However I've just been informed that a couple of users can't get in. I've verified they are indeed in AD group "Domain Users".

I don't want to spam this discussion with configs etc, because my question is simple...

Where the heck is sponsor account logging??? According to the manual, "Operations > Authentications" is just for RADIUS, so I can't check there. Also for reports, the ones for "Endpoints and Users > Guest Sponsor Summary / Mapping" only seem to show established connections (i.e. successful auths).

I know there could be multiple causes for the failed auths, and I'm happy to investigate them if only there was some telemetry!

If anyone can assist, I would be very grateful!

Cheers!

Scotty

1 Reply 1

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

As far as i am aware, there is no regular searchable log of this, that you can check, there might be some debug log you can check, but it will be a text file, you have to download and look through. Another way could be sending syslog to an external syslog server, i believe there is a category that contains sponsor logs.