Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Node AD Status updating issue

mvolk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

since awhile i have the Problem with the 1st ISE node that it´s on updating.. status. (see attachment)

Between the update from 1.2 to 1.3 this issue was not seen by the System check, it occurs later.

Now i have try to leave and/or rejoin the node but dosn´t help. Also an reboot of the not have no effect.

The logs on the node and in the Microsoft AD dosn´t show anything with an issue. We see in MS AD log that this node comes with the correct credentials  who i have tried the leave or join process.

Have anyone an idea to solve this Problem!?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see you also started a new thread for this issue.  That would be the correct way to continue with community assistance. That being said, I agree with the other thread.  Delete the AD object for this PSN and then re-join to the domain.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Deployment : AD connection status table is not updating
CSCue41293

Mohanak-

That BUG is currently not public. Can you give us more details about it? More specifically:

- Are there any side affects of this bug or is it just a cosmetic issue?

- Is there a workaround

- Is there a version / patch scheduled to fix the issue?

Thank you!

Hi,

I have been experiencing this same issue that mvolk has been.  I am running 1.3.0.876 version on six cluster deployment nodes, and would like to know if there is a version to upgrade to yet.  We went to 1.3 code, so we could can use multiple domains for authentication...but little did we know that, we ran into this bug about 3 months ago.  We have two nodes that are unable to join the deployment and had no problem before the upgrade please help. 

Thanks,

Drew

Hi Drew,

long time ago I have post my problem, so we have now fixed it with with TAC but we have some other issues by replacing the EAP certificates fixed also.

So, we hit some BUGs that are also present in ISE 1.3 Patch 2 and would be fixed next ISE version.

By trouble shooting I have seen that when I disable the PSN service on that node which have the connecting issue, the AD connection now is OK on both nodes.

But this was not a solution for this, the realy one was on my site the FQDN entry for the sponsor portal that was pointed to this node. This field is not a requiered field and when we delete the entry the AD connectioin goes to green!

I hope you have fixied your problem also to this time.

Regards

Marc

Hi Marc,

Yeah, I have upgrade to 1.4.0.253 and it has resolved the issue with my PSN nodes unable to join the deployment.  

Best Regards,

Drew

Hi,
thanks for the reply, very interesting.
The answers to Neno´s asked questions would very interested for me.

Thank you!

eric.lessard
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem with version 1.4 and the bug is still not public

if i remove the PSN function, seems to be ok... but i need that!

Amen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I know this issue you have is old version but I have it now 

1. We have an ISE running version 2.7 P6 on SNS-3695.

Amen_0-1665059082679.png

I see you also started a new thread for this issue.  That would be the correct way to continue with community assistance. That being said, I agree with the other thread.  Delete the AD object for this PSN and then re-join to the domain.