Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.4 Guest Portal - Unable to Refresh the IP Address

RSundstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Cisco ISE to create a supervised Guest Portal for outside contractors/guests.

When a guest plugs into our wired network they will be directed to the ISE Guest Portal. When they enter the credentials they have been supplied with they will be redirected to a guest vlan and be issued a new IP.

This always worked without fail with ISE 1.2.

I made the transition to ISE 1.4 patch 9 and now my Guest Portal is having problems.

After the guest enters in their credentials they will receive the Acceptable Use Policy just fine. When they click "OK" to proceed they will receive a popup message stating "Renewing IP Address".

This is as far as it goes. The automated process of renewing the IP address fails.

If I manually enter 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' the guest laptop will properly receive a new IP address.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

4 Replies 4

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From ISE 1.3 onwards, portals got changed properly.

So in order to have VLAN change or renew IP address.

Need to select option "VLAN DHCP Release Page Settings" in Portal.

Regards

Gagan

ps : rate if it helps!!!!

Hello Gagan,

The box for "VLAN DHCP Release Page Settings" is already set up. The settings are;

Delay to release: 1 second, Delay to CoA: 8 seconds, and Delay to renew: 12 seconds.

I have tried increasing these settings with no improvement.

I have a case open with Cisco TAC, also. They have not found a correction for this yet.

Thank you,

Bob

Hello Gagandeep,

I needed to make other detail changes to the authentication rules in place, also.

But your assistance in informing me to turn on "vlan dhcp release page settings" pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks!!!

Please rate if it helps to some extent.

Regards

Gagan