cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.4 license requirements for VPN endpoints?

west33637
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I would like to leverage ISE 1.4 for VPN endpoints and wired/wireless endpoints too. I will be doing basic authc/authx, BYOD, and profiling.

Nothing else.

• Do I need the mobility license for VPN endpoints?
  • In my case, would I need the mobility upgrade license since I require wired access too?
  • My customer has already purchased base, plus, and apex licenses, and it is my understanding from Cisco that you can't have both mobility licenses and (base, plus, and apex) running on the same node.
  • If my customer requires the mobility license, how do I upgrade them while protecting the investment they already made
1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mobility license is a restricted license for wireless endpoints only.

Mobility upgrade converts Mobility licenses to regular Base, Plus and Apex licenses.

Since you already have regular license types (which cover all endpoit types - wired, wireless and VPN), neither mobility nor mobility upgrade is required.

License are consumed when features specific to the license are used for a given endpoint. So a remote access VPN endpoint with AuthZ/AuthC and using profiling would use one Base and one Plus license. If you added posture or MDM integration services for that endpoint, it would consume an Apex license as well.