Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 BYOD problem

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Wireless Single SSID - 802.1X with BYOD Portal

When Employee opens a browser and is redirected, an error appears on the portal page that says "Unable to obtain the user information needed for network access. Try again."

The client is an Android devices that use PEAP MSCHAPV2 as onboarding authentication protocol.

In the Report - Supplicant Provisioning, in the field "failure" i have this error: Error while trying to determine access privileges: No matching SPW profile found.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon,

The redirect ACL on the WLC has to be configured to support access to the Google Play store so Cisco Network Setup Assistant APP can be downloaded to continue the registration process.

If Employees have downloaded App (at home) before starting the registration process they can just open the app at this point and ignore the redirect.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Admin Eastland
Level 1
Level 1

It use to be with Android you had to download a supplicant for Android Phones. Not sure if this is still the case though.

The supplicant it's downloaded after Device Registration but my error is before.

Hi Simon,

The redirect ACL on the WLC has to be configured to support access to the Google Play store so Cisco Network Setup Assistant APP can be downloaded to continue the registration process.

If Employees have downloaded App (at home) before starting the registration process they can just open the app at this point and ignore the redirect.

The problem is solved setting correct parameter in WLC, but now I have another problem.

After device registration, when I click on play store, ISE redirects on playstore home and when I search "Cisco Network Assistant Setup", this error occurred "Connection Time out".

It is normal that ISE doesn't redirect directly to Cisco Network Assistant Setup page ?

What was the setting on the WLC that resovled the original issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: