ISE 2.1 Guest Portal Authentication Success URL slow to load

aconsolati516
Level 1
Level 1

Our initial pilot environment consists of the following :

ISE 2.1.0.474 VM

2504 controller - running 8.2.151.0

Eight 2802i APs

I need our Guest Wireless portal to take the user to another URL ("Welcome" page found in company website) after approving the AUP. In the Guest Portal settings config, under "Authentication Success Settings", I have the proper URL in place. 

Currently, when a user approves the AUP, they're taken to a blank white page generated by ISE with a spinning loading logo for about 1 minute (see attached), then finally the proper URL loads. This occurs no matter what OS, device or Web Browser I test with.

While loading, the user is authenticated properly, so there's no issues there.

If I test using the Portal Test URL, nothing happens at all; I just see the blank white page from ISE and that's it (no spinning icon).

If I use the standard ISE success page, it loads instantly.

I can't find anyone else experiencing this issue. The closest that I can find is Bug CSCve00578, but the description of the issue doesn't match up. 

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

fweileder
Level 1
Level 1

We're having exactly the same issue with our environment:

ISE VMs (running 2.1.0.474)

5508 controller (running 8.2.151.0)

20 2802i APs

Software release 8.2.151.0 seems to be very buggy. Having some other issues with 2802i APs and Windows 10 (1703).

Is there any solution?

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

i know this is an old post, have you ever solved this issue? i'm experiencing the same with version 2.3.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: