cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 Released

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In case you missed it, the ISE 2.1 update is out as of 31 May 2016.

Here are the release notes. Lots of good stuff packed in this one.

18 Replies 18

OK, but at least in our case (1.3 -> 2.1) we were not able to connect to the GUI anymore, and the only service that did not start was the Indexing Engine. So I guess for the next trial, we only have the possibility to try installing the patch via CLI and hope for the best (or involve TAC, of course).

There is one know issue that comes to mind and worth noting in case applies

CSCux68828: ISE 2.0 blank screen after GUI login

Description / workaround for this is as follows:

Occurs after upgrade if have custom RBAC roles. If have such roles should delete before upgrade

Hi Marvin,

Any feedback on how many tac case/bugs are opened for this 2.1 release ?

Do you have an estimate date for the first bugfix patch release ?

Thanks

Guillaume

I don't work for Cisco so I haven't seen the TAC cases. There are open caveats documented in the release notes here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/release_notes/ise21_rn.html#pgfId-631740

I do know of a couple bugs folks have been hitting that weren't published in the release notes but are public-facing: CSCva01828 and CSCva13610.

One of our customers is also seeing a more alarming issue of the ISE RADIUS server not recognizing the NAD (WLC running 8.2 in this case) and we are actively working with TAC to resolve it.

It seems hit and miss whether a given bug will affect your deployment.

According to the speakers at Cisco Live last week,Cisco's goal for Patch 1 on 2.1 is 6 weeks post-release. So it should be out any day now.

They were recommending 2.1 for anyone needing Device Admin as it fixes quite a few things in that feature. If you aren't using that feature, they recommended that 2.0.1 might be a better release for now as it's had more bug fixes incorporated.