Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 and Adobe flash player requirement

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

HI Experts.
As it seems that we are still going to use ISE 2.2 for a while now. And the plan for an upgrade will take some time in future. But the browsers are not waiting for us and have already dropped the support for Adobe flash player.

In such a scenario, there are some functions of the ISE GUI that are really needed are not available (TCP dump and Back/restore).
Or CLI commands to give me an idea that I can still do away with the GUI for these two functions.

Is there any workaround for these?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-Not that I am aware of.  I believe your only option is upgrade to ISE 2.4 or later since that is when flash dependencies for ISE were removed.  Your other option is to stay where you are at, but without certain functions.  Id strongly suggest upgrading ISE as 2.2 end of support is June 8th 2022.  See the following for more details:

Cisco Identity Services Engine Software Version 2.2/2.2.1 Product Bulletin - Cisco

Field Notice: FN - 72002 - Specific Releases of Cisco Identity Services Engine Affected by Adobe Flash End-of-Life Announcement - Software Upgrade Recommended - Cisco

HTH!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-Not that I am aware of.  I believe your only option is upgrade to ISE 2.4 or later since that is when flash dependencies for ISE were removed.  Your other option is to stay where you are at, but without certain functions.  Id strongly suggest upgrading ISE as 2.2 end of support is June 8th 2022.  See the following for more details:

Cisco Identity Services Engine Software Version 2.2/2.2.1 Product Bulletin - Cisco

Field Notice: FN - 72002 - Specific Releases of Cisco Identity Services Engine Affected by Adobe Flash End-of-Life Announcement - Software Upgrade Recommended - Cisco

HTH!

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CLI command "tech dumptcp" can be used for tcpdump

CLI commands backup and restore are for backup/restore.

I also keep an old and offline Windows 7 VM.

Cyptic man
Level 1
Level 1

Even if you can do backup and restore from the CLI i don't find a way to add a scheduled backup job as within the GUI.

This will require some external script or automation to handle the backup work instead of the ISE cluster it self?

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As stated by others , going to a supported ISE version is strongly recommended , sometimes people spin-up an old Windows7 on a VM for instance with an old firefox version as an in between (transitional) solution.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: