csavas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello community,

how can I create a authorization condition like this in ISE 2.2: (A and B) or C

The idea was to create

CON1=A and B

CON2= CON1 or C

I cannot combine AND/OR operator within one condition, thats why I have to create this model.

But I cannot reuse compound conditions. I can reuse only simple conditions which doesnt help here.

I found that this part of ISE was totally redesigned in ISE 2.3. You can combine operators within one condition, but I am looking for solution in ISE22.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, in 2.3 you can use both AND and OR operators in the same rule.  Here is an example:

In this example, you MUST match the first condition AND either the second OR third.

AND_OR.PNG

You could also switch the operators so that you match either the first condition OR the second AND third conditions.

I have this working.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In ISE 2.2, you would use 2 Authorization Rules for this.  One for CON1 and one for C

Thanks for your reply. Is this changed in ISE 2.3? I have seen the condition part was redesigned?

Yes, in 2.3 you can use both AND and OR operators in the same rule.  Here is an example:

In this example, you MUST match the first condition AND either the second OR third.

AND_OR.PNG

You could also switch the operators so that you match either the first condition OR the second AND third conditions.

I have this working.

Thanks !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: