Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 - Custom NDG Hierarchy

heurungj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior or if I'm doing something incorrectly with my configuration.

I've created new root NDGs and Data Access Permissions as a work around for CSCvb55884.  However, users assigned with the appropriate permissions can only view the NDG hierarchy to a depth of 3 levels when browsing via Network Resources>Network Device Groups.  The NDGs are still available to be assigned when creating/editing Network Devices.

Using the example below, groups contained under City1 and City2 are not visible.

>Location Tree

>Org1
  >City1
   >Campus

>Facil1
  >City2
   >Campus2

I tested this in ISE 2.4 and do not encounter the same issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?  It seems to be purely cosmetic.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.4Network Device Groups says

There is no limit on the maximum number of NDGs that can be created. You can create up to 6 levels of hierarchy (including the parent group) for the NDGs.

ISE Admin Guide for ISE 2.2 says the same thing.

Call TAC if you suspect a bug.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 2.4Network Device Groups says

There is no limit on the maximum number of NDGs that can be created. You can create up to 6 levels of hierarchy (including the parent group) for the NDGs.

ISE Admin Guide for ISE 2.2 says the same thing.

Call TAC if you suspect a bug.