cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 What happens when I enable user account disablement after 90-days on year-old user accounts?

ciscobacon
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ISE deployment that has internal users that were created over a year ago and are looking to enforce 90-day password expiration/changes.  If we enable the setting, "Disable user account after 90 days if password was not changed" - will accounts older than 90 days with no password changes be disabled immediately, or will the 90 day timer start the day we check that box?

Is there possibly a better way to enforce a 90-day password expiration/change than this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I will be disabled within 24hrs, i.e. once the DB job is completed based on
the internal schedule.

I don't better way to do it if they are internal users. You just need to
notify them pirior to enabling

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I will be disabled within 24hrs, i.e. once the DB job is completed based on
the internal schedule.

I don't better way to do it if they are internal users. You just need to
notify them pirior to enabling

How sure are you on this?  Looking at the user accounts, it appears that there's also a field for "disable if user has been inactive after 12/3/18" for instance - this seems to point to ISE timestamping the accounts to disable 90 days from the current time and not from creation date.  So the question still stands, if I enable the 90-day policy for disabling accounts that haven't changed their password in 90 days today, will ISE go off current time to start the timer or when the account was originally created?