cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 NFS Backups

gmacminn000
Level 1
Level 1

I've been playing with the new ISE 2.3 and am trying to set up backups to our central NFS server however, ISE wants a username and password for the NFS share which NFS doesn't do. How am I able to perform these backups to an NFS location?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We are running ISE v2.2 (patch 2) and the file share is a simple NFS on Windows 2008.

One thing I do recall, if the file share is empty you get that message. As soon as a file was created in the file share it started to work.

Can you try mate?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

I recently had a TAC case open with this and basically, in our setup it didn't matter what the username/password was and it worked. So, try set the username/password to anything and test it - in our case it worked.

Hi Darren,

Nope. Not liking it. What version of NFS is ISE supporting? It complains with “NFS location could not be mounted”.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary MacMinn

Principal Network Engineer | Network, Citrix, Infrastructure Security & Monitoring (NCIS:M) Team

Information Services Directorate | Department of Housing and Public Works

Level 14 | 41 George Street, Brisbane 4000

Phone: 07 3514 3480 | Mobile: 0402 639 616 | E-Mail: Gary.MacMinn@hpw.qld.gov.au<mailto:Gary.MacMinn@hpw.qld.gov.au>

www.hpw.qld.gov.au<http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/>

Customers first | Ideas into action | Unleash potential | Be courageous | Empower people | Healthy and safe workforce

We are running ISE v2.2 (patch 2) and the file share is a simple NFS on Windows 2008.

One thing I do recall, if the file share is empty you get that message. As soon as a file was created in the file share it started to work.

Can you try mate?

Gottit. That’s a bit weird. Be a good one for Cisco to remove the username/password bit for NFS and maybe see why a file present makes a difference?

Gary MacMinn

Principal Network Engineer | Network, Citrix, Infrastructure Security & Monitoring (NCIS:M) Team

Phone: 07 3514 3480 | Mobile: 0402 639 616 | E-Mail: Gary.MacMinn@hpw.qld.gov.au<mailto:Gary.MacMinn@hpw.qld.gov.au>

Customers first | Ideas into action | Unleash potential | Be courageous | Empower people | Healthy and safe workforce

I do agree with you...... So it works now (with a file created)? If so, please mark the post as resolved for house keeping.

I'm in Brisbane too - good to help out a local guy :-)

File has been created. Off to the next bit of ISE2.3 now.....Yaaaayyy. :-)

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Good Morning Gary, any chance you could share what your path looks like?

I am having the same problem but instead of using a Win2008 box we are pointing to a CIFS on a NetApp.

Path

/Net_Engineering/Engineer_Backup/ISE

Thanks

Dave

Hi David,

Setup in ISE looks like this:

The server is a Linux box. One other thing I missed was that the backups can be done by various nodes in the cluster. I had the NFS location restricted to one IP address so I had to open that up a bit more.

Gary

Gary MacMinn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: