Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 on Hyper-V

andres.picos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I’m trying to install a virtual ISE server in Hyper-V, however there are problems installing the ISE software on the machine: once the installation of the ISE software is finished, the machine is rebooted (normal and expected procedure) but after this, the screen of the machine is black, no character is seen on the console. The ISE versión is 2.3,  the Hyper-V: Windows Swrver 2012 R2.

I'm following the installation guides but the informatión is not enought.

Best regards,

16 Replies 16

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you get any prompt if you hit enter on that screen  ?

Can you share a screenshot ?

Thanks,

Nidhi

Hi Nidhi, no, there is no prompt, and nothing happens when you press enter or any keyboard key.

I have no access to the VM in this momment, but the only thing you can see is a black screen without any prompt or character.

Thanks,

Andres

Hi Andres,

At this moment, I would suggest try reinstalling ISE

Thanks,

Nidhi

There's the problem, no matter how many times you try to install the ISE, the problem always happens.

Have you been installed the ISE Server on Hyper-V sometime? Or Only in VMWARE?

Thanks.

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

asimk
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this fixed in the end?

I am having the same issue installing ISE on Hyper V.

Thanks

Asim

Finally the problem was solved. The problem was in a parameter in Hypper-V. I'm not sure about this parameter because the customer is the administrator of the hyper-v platform. I will ask to the customer what parameter was.

Regards,

Andres

Hi Andres,

Since the problem is now resolved, can you share the solution or the parameter in Hyper-V. For records I am also facing the same issue the version of ISE is 2.2 and the same symptoms are seen as a blank screen.

Appreciate your early response on this.

Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards,

Yogesh Madhekar

Hi Andres,

Did you manage to find this out? We have a similar issue, and seems like a few others too, so knowing the parameter to tweak on Hyper-V would be a godsend.

Regards

Sanket K

Hi Andres,

Can please share the findings with us or the Hyper-V parameter affecting this.

it will be good to record it .

Thanks,

Nidhi

The machine must be created with "Generation 2" and disable "Secure Boot".

Im not sure about the procedure, but this was the settings that the customer made.

Regards,

Andres.

Thanks Andres.

asimk
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone get this working on a gen 2 with secure boot disabled?

My installation fails when i use this configuration

danielsai
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure about 2.3.

I got version 2.2 up and running with Hyper-V. (Secure boot enabled)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: