Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 peripherals authorization

johnywalker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a doubt here.

Is there any other options available to do authorization of printer which don't have any domain credentials ? other than mab and profile attributes ? combination of (mab + serial number + any) for authorization ?

Is it possible to do a posture assessment for printer to check the firmware version ?

Is it possible to do a posture assessment for machine which running with AIX operating system ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If wired, then MAB is the only option I can think of. If Wireless, the printer might support PSK and Cisco ISE & WLC - WPA2-PSK WLAN: Per-De... - Cisco Community might be an option.

ISE Posture Assessment is currently supporting Windows and macOS client operating systems so would not be able for a printer, unless it runs some of the supported OS. AIX is not supported, either.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If wired, then MAB is the only option I can think of. If Wireless, the printer might support PSK and Cisco ISE & WLC - WPA2-PSK WLAN: Per-De... - Cisco Community might be an option.

ISE Posture Assessment is currently supporting Windows and macOS client operating systems so would not be able for a printer, unless it runs some of the supported OS. AIX is not supported, either.