cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISE 2.3 Support for Forcepoint NGFW

Does anyone have any resources on how to use TACACS with Forcepoint NGFW?

I assume I have to import a RADIUS dictionary [if they have it] from the vendor before I can try to create a profile for it ?

Does the RADIUS dictionary cover TACACS ? I did not see vendor specific listings under TACACS in the dictionary.

Thanks,

Pete

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Re: ISE 2.3 Support for Forcepoint NGFW

Hi

I'm not very familiar with Forcepoint but searching what kind of external authentication they support, I've found that your tacacs or radius will be only for authentication and you'll need to create the user locally on your system for authorization purpose (https://help.stonesoft.com/onlinehelp/StoneGate/SMC/6.3.0/GUID-26D7F914-2335-4D52-BE07-869BD6D165FD.html)

In that context, you don't need to import any dictionary.
If you have a specific documentation stating otherwise, please share it.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

You're welcome. Glad it works!

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Hi

I'm not very familiar with Forcepoint but searching what kind of external authentication they support, I've found that your tacacs or radius will be only for authentication and you'll need to create the user locally on your system for authorization purpose (https://help.stonesoft.com/onlinehelp/StoneGate/SMC/6.3.0/GUID-26D7F914-2335-4D52-BE07-869BD6D165FD.html)

In that context, you don't need to import any dictionary.
If you have a specific documentation stating otherwise, please share it.

Thanks
Francesco

Highlighted
Beginner

Okay thanks for the clarification. I got it working and as you say no vsa imports needed.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

You're welcome. Glad it works!

Thanks
Francesco