cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 & Wireless IP Phone 8821 Endpoint Profiling!!

Lance Wendel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

one of our clinethas upgraded their ISE to 2.4 and now facing with endpoint profiling..I cant seem to find any relevant information on  Cisco Wireless IP Phone 8821  with ISE 2.4. Are these supported or will it be supported?

problem my client has, if he tries to createprfiles, he is faced with the following error  assigns ‘Unknown’ profile policy.

Also there is no defined Profiling Policy for 8821 telephones.

Mod 7962, 7965, 7970, 7971, 7975, 7985, 8831, 8831 & 8851.

if anyone has any information on this kindly do share, else my last resort would be opeiging a TAC case

thanks a lot in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the delay :) . I had to open a TAC case and the engineer provide a profile compress file. Client to import this and feedback. Once that done I will let you know.

BTW, to get hold of the profile file, you will have to go here, ise.cisco.com/partner

Unfortunately, my CCO doesn't have enough privileges for that :)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

I think they are probably just building their  profiler rules incorrectly.

1. Enable DHCP & CDP Probes on your Switch / PSN

2. Using an existing Device Profile for inspiration, create a new one that’s 99% the same, but change the model-number-specific variables to match the new handset.

3. Create new Authz Rule based on new Profiler Rule

4. Test

5. It works? Great!

or...

5. It didn’t work, review the endpoint in ISE and verify the attributes that ISE is learning about it match up with those referenced in your profiler rules. If you don’t see any DHCP/CDP info then there’s a problem with the probes. If you do see DHCP/CDP info but it still isn’t profiled properly, there’s a problem with your profiling rules/conditions.

Thanks Richard,

let me ask the client about it, I guess he has done it correctly (from the info I have), looks correct to me. I will anyway ask him to review the below..will update this post if I have anything else.

once again thx

Lance

How did you get on?

Sorry for the delay :) . I had to open a TAC case and the engineer provide a profile compress file. Client to import this and feedback. Once that done I will let you know.

BTW, to get hold of the profile file, you will have to go here, ise.cisco.com/partner

Unfortunately, my CCO doesn't have enough privileges for that :)

Hi, I have the same problem with ise 2.2. I imported the profile file as you said but didn't work. Ise doesnt profile as cisco phone 

Start off by reviewing ISE Profiling Design Guide. Check what attributes collected for the IP phone and any matches to the profiler policy rules. Please open a TAC case if you need further help.

PS: Always start your own thread instead of resurrecting one dormant for months, please.

Ted gambill
Level 1
Level 1

just trying to get a driver for my phone, 7945.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: