cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 - Customize "mydevices" portal within ISE Portal Builder. Remove status "pending" and require all fields on "add device" page.

TRAVIS KERSHNER
Level 4
Level 4

We have utilized the ISE portal builder tool upon Cisco's recommendation to build our self registration guest portal and our mydevices portal.  The tool works well and importing the portal to ISE was a breeze.  However, we quickly discovered that portals built with the portal builder tool can only be customized within the tool itself.  We need to remove the "pending" status from the portal as it is causing a lot of confusion with our clients.  We are not using a sponsored portal so this is not needed.  TAC says they do not support portal builder and to contact portal builder support directly.  After contacting portal builder support I was informed that the mydevices portal is not supported by them.  

ME: 

Hello, 
Is there a way to remove the registration status "pending" from the mydevices portal.  This is really confusing a lot of our clients and there does not seem to be a way to remove it.  We do not want to use a sponsored portal.  Also is there a way to make the mydevices portal fields required? Thanks.

FROM Support:

please post this question in support community so that we support others with same ask 

Http://cs.co/ise-community 

It’s not relevant to the portal builder as we don’t support customizing my devices through this tool

Sent from my iPhone

ME: 
You don't support customizing my devices through this tool? What exactly do you support then? I have contacted TAC and they told me to contact ISEPB support.  

SUPPORT: 

All portals except for my devices and sponsor

Sent from my iPhone

Is there really no way to do this? 
5 Replies 5

paul
Level 10
Level 10

What is the exact flow you are trying to accomplish?

I agree the ability to control input on the Add Device screen is an oversight in the customization section of the My Devices portal.  You should be able to click on the not very intuitive "Settings" button on the right side and control those values just like you do on the Sponsor portal.

Paul, There are no settings available: 

portal settings.png

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charlie, 

Yes I have seen that discussion.  We have tried to use the solution provided, however, it appears that will only work with a portal built within ISE itself.  When you import a portal from portal builder any changes to it from within ISE have no effect. 

This looks like the current limitations. If it important to customize the fields, please make do with the simpler portal customization within ISE.