cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 EAP-TLS: Certificate for Admin or Portal use must contain server authc in EKU

KelvinT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to Bind ISE cert after receiving response from CA server I get the following error.

"Certificate for Admin or POrtal use must contain server authentication in the Extended Key Usage (EKU) certificate."

Any idea?

Also When I attempt to authc a win10 with Anyconnect it fail with the following error on ISE:

Client rejected ISE local cert.  or something like that.

1-  Both client and ISE trust the AD CA

2- Both ISE and client got their certs from the AD CA

Any idea?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to have the CA administrator modify the certificate template to use one that allows for Server Authentication when issuing the ISE Admin certificate.  Typically a Web Server template will have the same usages as what ISE needs.  That may also cause the client to reject the certificate from ISE as well.

View solution in original post

That was it!  The CA server had all sorts of issues but once that was fixed we were able to create a duplicate web server template.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to have the CA administrator modify the certificate template to use one that allows for Server Authentication when issuing the ISE Admin certificate.  Typically a Web Server template will have the same usages as what ISE needs.  That may also cause the client to reject the certificate from ISE as well.

That was it!  The CA server had all sorts of issues but once that was fixed we were able to create a duplicate web server template.

Thanks!