cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 : ERS API : Reload command

gillessapene
Level 1
Level 1

I still have issue with the scheduled reports that I export to a NAS. Sometimes, they remain "pending" and the only way to get rid of them is to reload the ISE server. I am thinking to automate the "reload" on a monthly basis.

I was wondering if there is a way to schedule the "reload" of an ISE without using ssh, typing "reload" and answering to the 2 questions/confirmations . I went through the "External RESTful Services (ERS) Online SDK" but didn't find anything about the "reload" command.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Honestly now that I am thinking about it more you probably would not want to do this. Reason being is the fact that there is an order of operations you should take when rebooting nodes. You should stop services prior to rebooting. My recommendation would be to manually handle this and work with TAC to identify why they get hung.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See below post

Nice idea.

I am just wondering how to override the confirmations that you are asked.

When you type reload, you are asked :

Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ?

Generating configuration...

Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Continue with reboot? [y/n]

Honestly now that I am thinking about it more you probably would not want to do this. Reason being is the fact that there is an order of operations you should take when rebooting nodes. You should stop services prior to rebooting. My recommendation would be to manually handle this and work with TAC to identify why they get hung.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would suggest an alternate solution which isn't an immediate fix, but the correct way to go about this. Work with TAC and ensure that this is a logged bug and drive a resolution to the problem in future patches. If it is production impacting you would be able to ask TAC for an interim hotfix to address the issue.

You should not have to rely on reloading nodes as a fix to an issue, no one here would consider that a viable workaround to the issue.

Reloads are not accessible via the API as you found out. You also cannot force a reload on the CLI without prompts. A python script could easily handle the input from the SSH session and automate this for you though.