cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Policy Sets

Rob4
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it possible to copy individual policies between policy sets in ISE 2.4? I could do this in ISE 2.1 and ISE 2.2, but I am not seeing the feature. 

Thanks,

Rob 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @Rob4

How is this possible in ISE 2.1/2.2 ?  There is an option to export Policy Sets as XML, but there has never been a mechanism to import this XML into an ISE node.  If there is another way to do this in ISE 2.1/2.2 then I'd love to know.  It's a feature that was on roadmap for 2.4 but sadly it got canned.  It would be one of the best features of the century in my opinion.  Kind of like a "show run" to allow us to rebuild and re-use config.

cheers

View solution in original post

ISE 2.3+ allows duplicating a policy set as a whole.

The older ISE 2.x releases do allow copying individual rules. For me, it works ok with one rule but problematic with two or more rules.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 7.32.26 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @Rob4

How is this possible in ISE 2.1/2.2 ?  There is an option to export Policy Sets as XML, but there has never been a mechanism to import this XML into an ISE node.  If there is another way to do this in ISE 2.1/2.2 then I'd love to know.  It's a feature that was on roadmap for 2.4 but sadly it got canned.  It would be one of the best features of the century in my opinion.  Kind of like a "show run" to allow us to rebuild and re-use config.

cheers

ISE 2.3+ allows duplicating a policy set as a whole.

The older ISE 2.x releases do allow copying individual rules. For me, it works ok with one rule but problematic with two or more rules.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 7.32.26 PM.png