Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 admin password expired

anson-bates
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to do a password recovery

!!!!FAILED TO FIND ADE-OS STARTUP CONFIGURATION!!!!
!!!!UNABLE TO PROCEED WITH PASSWORD RECOVERY!!!!

How can I get around this to reset the password on ISE admin?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am trying to login to the cli of the node. Now it says the cli account is locked out.

So I don't think the password recovery mechanism will work since it can't find the ADE-OS

I am trying to login to the cli of the node. Now it says the cli account is locked out.

So I don’t think the password recovery mechanism will work since it can’t find the ADE-OS

If you're booting to the ISE 2.6 ISO for the password recovery, this error typically indicates that it cannot properly detect the disk. If you have not done so already, verify that the ISO is not corrupt by checking the MD5.

If this is a VM, ensure you have the correct VM specs as per the ISE 2.6 Install Guide and the the Disk Controller type has not been changed.

If all else fails, you will likely have to try re-imaging the appliance from the ISO (or re-deploying from the OVA) and restoring the configuration from backup.

NiTech
Level 1
Level 1
If it is the VM ,VM Snapshot is not supported by ISE.may be this also cause the issue

pavagupt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

were you able to login to UI ? if so, try to disable password policy for admin users and try to login to CLI using old password.