cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 VM licenses

pacavell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I want to config a 2 node ISE 2.6 deployment using VM's and I want those VM's to be sized as SNS 3655 appliances. What ISE VM licenses are required for each VM? Is it R-ISE-VMM-K9= or R-ISE-VML-K9=? The odering guide is confusing. I have been under the impression that the R-ISE-VML-K9= license is only to be used for an M&T node.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that would be sufficient, you can support 25k active endpoints in a hybrid or standalone deployment leveraging 3655 medium templates.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
ISE 2.6 introduced the large appliance/VM for all node roles rather than in 2.4 where it was only supported as a VM for the "Super MNT". A 3655 template will be a medium VM license.

If you have a node design in mind and number of active endpoints we can sanity check the sizing.

Thanks Damien. I want to configure an ISE 2.6 solution in a campus environment. 13,000 max simultaneous endpoints (mix of wired/wireless endpoints) connecting at the same time. Will do profiling but no posture. Currently I think I can use a 2 node deployment (all personas on each node) using VM's and sizing the VM's as SNS 3655 nodes.

Yes that would be sufficient, you can support 25k active endpoints in a hybrid or standalone deployment leveraging 3655 medium templates.