Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 RBAC policy with Data access restriction on RADIUS live logs

M.Jallad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have ISE 2.7 , as part of RBAC testing ; I was trying to apply data access permissions on specific NDG's to restricts access for specific administrators to only view certain RADIUS Live logs on specific network devices belonging to specific NDG "in my example I'm calling the NDG adminA & AdminB which are sub groups in a parent root NDG named RBAC".

Now I created two Admin Users "AdminA & AdminB" belonging to Admin Groups named "AdminA & AdminB" respectively.

RBAC - Data Access Permissions - Cisco Community.png

Then I created a full access menu access permissions for A & B admin groups. then associated both Admin groups with it's Data & Menu access permissions as below :

> RBAC Policy AdminA : if admin user belongs to group AdminA then give permissions "Data access for AdminA & Menu access for AdminA"

> RBAC Policy AdminB : if admin user belongs to group AdminB then give permissions "Data access for AdminB & Menu access for AdminB"

However, when I test logging to ISE using AdminB , I can still see live logs related to a device belonging to NDG Group "AdminA".

Could anybody confirm if this is a normal behavior or is it a limitation on ISE ?!

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

However, when I test logging to ISE using AdminB , I can still see live logs related to a device belonging to NDG Group "AdminA".

-AFAIK with 2.7.x there is no ability to keep live logs for certain NADs separate via rbac controls.  Pretty sure it is an ALL or NOTHING thing.  To be honest I am not sure if this changes in 3.x. 

FYSA - Menu Access controls the navigational visibility.  Data Access controls the ability to read/access/modify the Identity Data on ISE.

HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-AFAIK with 2.7.x there is no ability to keep live logs for certain NADs separate via rbac controls.  Pretty sure it is an ALL or NOTHING thing.  To be honest I am not sure if this changes in 3.x. 

FYSA - Menu Access controls the navigational visibility.  Data Access controls the ability to read/access/modify the Identity Data on ISE.

HTH!

Thanks for your feedback Mike,

"Data Access controls the ability to read/access/modify the Identity Data on ISE."

So it's only about controlling the permission on network resources configuration and not the visibility on data related to these network devices (such as endpoints info , user session info .... ) .