cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.x || Does ISE supports the Microsoft Azure for ISE backup?

musultan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Team,

Supporting one of my customer and they would like me to confirm if we support Microsoft Azure for ISE backup purpose?

They are using all their Linux VM's machines to backup to Azure using Microsoft Azure Site Recovery.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/vmware-physical-azure-support-matrix

I know that ISE doesn't support VM snapshots.

Please advise, if possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Not possible.   You need Linux root access to run agents on the OS.  Cisco won't give customers root access or allow any other applications to run on the system. 

They would need an insanely fast internet connection to upload all those GB's of data.

Config backups are about as good as it gets.  Restore onto a freshly built VM (with preferred ISE version and patch level, same ADE-OS config as the production nodes - leave node in STANDALONE mode) - and then shut that VM down and keep in case of emergency.  it makes no sense to backup any node other than the active PAN. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Not possible.   You need Linux root access to run agents on the OS.  Cisco won't give customers root access or allow any other applications to run on the system. 

They would need an insanely fast internet connection to upload all those GB's of data.

Config backups are about as good as it gets.  Restore onto a freshly built VM (with preferred ISE version and patch level, same ADE-OS config as the production nodes - leave node in STANDALONE mode) - and then shut that VM down and keep in case of emergency.  it makes no sense to backup any node other than the active PAN. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: