Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.x - How to get Endpoint custom attributes in a single query

It's possible to query and get a list of endpoints in a given Identity Group:

curl -k --header 'Accept: application/json' --user xxx:yyy https://omf-01-ise01:9060/ers/config/endpoint?filter=groupId.EQ.12abb870-295a-11e9-aed1-76f66f54fcc8

However `customAttributes` are NOT included in this query.  They are included in this query if I know the unique id of a given endpoint:

curl -k --header  'Accept: application/json' --user xxx:yyy https://omf-01-ise01:9060/ers/config/endpoint/0434dee0-9d02-11e9-aed1-76f66f54fcc8

So I can get the list of endpoint id's and then from there individually query for `customAttributes`, but this would be unacceptably slow in real-time.

Is there any way to get the `customAttributes` data included in the search return all in one shot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also...

1) "Get All Endpoints" from ISE PAN node under 'application configure ise' menu, or

2) Use Cisco Endpoint Analysis Tool (EAT) to fetch programmatically in an efficient and relatively fast way.

3) Export endpoint data from Context Visibility.

However, both require some admin intervention to perform fetch.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Not verified on ISE 2.6 but on ISE 2.4 and below, there's no bulk get feature.
Only solution is to go 1 by 1.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

You can also...

1) "Get All Endpoints" from ISE PAN node under 'application configure ise' menu, or

2) Use Cisco Endpoint Analysis Tool (EAT) to fetch programmatically in an efficient and relatively fast way.

3) Export endpoint data from Context Visibility.

However, both require some admin intervention to perform fetch.

Do any of those three methods have an ERS API method, i.e. a URI? I see how to do a search and filter for endpoints in Context Visibility, and see the option to export selected, but don't see any equivalent in API-land.

Morning Francesco, thanks! Can you also specify what parameters would be required on version 2.6+ to get `customAttributes` in bulk?

There is no API support for the other means suggested by chyps.

No, ISE 2.6 has no bulk support for GET requests, either. Actually, I do not think the regular GET would ever get bulk support as it does not make much sense. Instead, it might be better to filter the endpoint listing (Get ALL) based on an attribute, which could be a custom attribute.

See How to Submit an ISE Feature or Enhancement Request, in case you considering to connect with our PM teams.

Sorry for the confusion, I said that I haven't checked on ISE 2.6 yet but bulk isn't available for get purpose.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question