Replies

ISE 3.1 multi AD Domain Integration

k7851610
Level 1
Level 1

There are two windows AD domains.

loclab.com
demo.local

I'm already joined loclab.com,but can't join demo.local.

Error message displayed on ISE:

Error Description: Failed To Find Domain Controller, Please Check Network Connectivity

Support Details...
Error Name: LW_ERROR_FAILED_FIND_DC
Error Code: 40049

Detailed Log:

Error Description :
Failed To Find Domain Controller In Domain DEMO.LOCAL : Domain Does Not Exists In DNS

Error Resolution :
Please Make Sure That Your DNS Contains Records For Domain : DEMO.LOCAL, For Further Information Please Refer To The AD DNS Diagnostic Tools

Join Steps :
18:22:33 Joining To Domain DEMO.LOCAL Using User Administrator
18:22:33 Searching For DC In Domain DEMO.LOCAL
18:22:33 Failed To Find Domain Controller In Domain DEMO.LOCAL : Domain Does Not Exists In DNS

This is the error message from the debug tool:

ise ad error.jpg

I refer to this document, but I don't know how to set it on DNS?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/ise_active_directory_integration/b_ISE_AD_integration_2x.html

Could not understand the following information:

isead-dns.PNG

please help

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Which DNS are you using? 

You need to add  "A" host and IP address to resolve internal querries. This overcome what they call  recursive problem. You can create a zone as well.

If you manage the DNS is pretty straithforward but will require some "how to do" things. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Basically it is saying that you need to have an Internet DNS service. If you have an Internal DNS server, then you can attend all this requirements easilly.

"

I refer to this document, but I don't know how to set it on DNS?"

But do you manage your DNS? it is a lab or real network? Which DNS are you using?

yes .I manage DNS server.

it is a lab.

Which DNS are you using? 

You need to add  "A" host and IP address to resolve internal querries. This overcome what they call  recursive problem. You can create a zone as well.

If you manage the DNS is pretty straithforward but will require some "how to do" things. 

windows server-DNS server

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From ISE console or CLI, check are yo able to ping that domain, and make sure ISE and AD NTP time is sync.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: