cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.3 OVA networking error

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

Has anybody installed  Cisco-vISE-600-3.3.0.430.ova ? Ping tests fail after installation during/after setup. It has 6 E1000E vNIC's but we use only one. Even the default gateway cannot be pinged (physical switch, outside of vSwitch) or vica versa.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've installed this OVA file 60 times over the past 2 weeks and have not had the issues you detailed.

Verify VMware settings and network mappings.

View solution in original post

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

I verified everything before posting but the only solution was to replace the E1000E adapters with VMXNET3 adapters.

Actually I could not find the "deploy OVA" section in the 3.3 Installation Guide so I suspect it is no longer a supported installation method. OVA's are mentioned only in Zero Touch Provisioning chapter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not see any reason that was not working, i have lab setup works as expected not 3.3 , but 3.X version

follow below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-3/install_guide/b_ise_installationGuide33/b_ise_InstallationGuide33_chapter_2.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No typos in the networking configuration?   Are the VLANs mapped correctly on the VM-Ware side to the correct ports?

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've installed this OVA file 60 times over the past 2 weeks and have not had the issues you detailed.

Verify VMware settings and network mappings.

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

I verified everything before posting but the only solution was to replace the E1000E adapters with VMXNET3 adapters.

Actually I could not find the "deploy OVA" section in the 3.3 Installation Guide so I suspect it is no longer a supported installation method. OVA's are mentioned only in Zero Touch Provisioning chapter.