cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Admin CLI Password Recovery for SNS

Dkiptoo
Level 1
Level 1

Am am trying to recover ISE Admin CLI password and I have been following these guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html , however after booting up from the mounted ISE ISO and accessing the password recovery menu , It was indicating that there are no admin. I went ahead and created, but still I cant access the cli.  What could be the possible reason that admin cli is not present and only the GUI admin? How do  I go about it also?

5 Replies 5

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1
Try these documents out to see if they help! Read down further for ISE 3.x

Solved: Password is expired. Please reset your admin password. - Cisco
Community
<>

Which document Kindly?

Am having 2 SNS-3655-K9 appliances deployed in HA , I can access the admin GUI,  am trying to recover CLI password using mentioned method and still not able to access the CLI

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are seeing no admin accounts listed when selecting the option [1] Recover Administrator Password from the System Utilities menu, you should open a TAC case. This is not normal behaviour.

Thanks, I will be seeking further guidance

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please share the screenshot of the error and make sure, you boot with correct ISE ISO image (specific to the version installed) for password recovery. Also if the issue is seen on both the appliances?