cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Admin Web GUI spining --- Does not load

CiscoISEUser123
Level 1
Level 1

Logging into the ISE server provides no access it just spins away in the browser.

The SSH service is reachable and I am able to log in that way. 

running a sh app stat ise shows the GUI is running normally. 

restarting the ISE application does provide GUI access again for a short period of time. (30-45 minutes).

We are using cert-based authentication if that matters. When the GUI is running users have no issues logging in.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did actually seem to solve the issue Thomas. Made a change to the identity source sequence. It appears that the one we are using for cert-auth was changed and the AD store was removed. 

I do not know why it would authenticate use after a reboot of the application. But, it was after making the change back to how it had it set up when enabling cert based auth. The issue has been resolved and we are not longer getting a "Spinning wheel of death" when trying to log into the server GUI. 

But yes, that is the only change I was able to note. We have been up for 36 hours now no issues. I'll come back next week and mark this as solved if the portal does not fail again. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version of ISE, any changes in ISE recently like IP change any patch applied ? have you tried different browser ?

can you post the output of show application status ise

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji,

THank you for your reply. We are running 2.7.0.356. 

All browsers tried: Edge, Chrome and IE. No ip changes or anything recently. We enabled CERT based authentication earlier this week. But symptoms only started this morning. Restarting ISE app does resolve the issue for a few hours. 

This is the output of the status:

Database Listener running 27571
Database Server running 115 PROCESSES
Application Server running 7257
Profiler Database running 32492
ISE Indexing Engine running 9166
AD Connector running 13953
M&T Session Database running 32279
M&T Log Processor running 7474
Certificate Authority Service running 10837
EST Service running 29603
SXP Engine Service disabled
Docker Daemon running 29217
TC-NAC Service disabled

Wifi Setup Helper Container disabled
pxGrid Infrastructure Service disabled
pxGrid Publisher Subscriber Service disabled
pxGrid Connection Manager disabled
pxGrid Controller disabled
PassiveID WMI Service running 11252
PassiveID Syslog Service running 11629
PassiveID API Service running 12114
PassiveID Agent Service running 12911
PassiveID Endpoint Service running 13334
PassiveID SPAN Service running 13768
DHCP Server (dhcpd) disabled
DNS Server (named) disabled
ISE Messaging Service running 29888
Segmentation Policy Service disabled
SSE Connector disabled

Hi @CiscoISEUser123 ,

you are using 2.7 with no Patch .. Patch 6 is the latest Patch for 2.7 (please take a look at: Cisco ISE Software).

To check the BUGs solved till Patch 6, please take a look at Cisco ISE Relase Notes 2.7, search for Caveats.

Hope this helps !!!

Marcelo,

THank you for pointing me towards this page. How can you verify no patches have been installed? 

Under server information the device shows no patch information. Assuming when I update to patch 6 it will show patch 6? 

I

Hi @CiscoISEUser123 ,

you are able to check the Patch at:

. ISE CLI:

ise/admin# show version

. ISE GUI:

In Administration > System > Maintenance > Patch Management

Hope this helps !!!

Thank you Marcelo, 

I was able to upgrade my device to patch 6. No issues I see where you are showing the patching information now. 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing changed?

Firewall?

Everything looks normal and clearly you have connectivity to the box.

Since we have nothing else to reproduce the issue you should call TAC.

I did actually seem to solve the issue Thomas. Made a change to the identity source sequence. It appears that the one we are using for cert-auth was changed and the AD store was removed. 

I do not know why it would authenticate use after a reboot of the application. But, it was after making the change back to how it had it set up when enabling cert based auth. The issue has been resolved and we are not longer getting a "Spinning wheel of death" when trying to log into the server GUI. 

But yes, that is the only change I was able to note. We have been up for 36 hours now no issues. I'll come back next week and mark this as solved if the portal does not fail again. 

Glad all ok for now, we hear most users here post the issue "by mentioning nothing changed" - i have never come across the system broke by self as of now (until it hit major bugs)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help