cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and Service Now

Keith Simmons
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer wants to know what are the capabilities of Service Now timing into ISE with API's and or PXGrid

Please Advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To clarify, the other thread was more specific to using Service Now as part of an Approver function.  If goal is to exchange data between ISE and ServiceNow, then that IS possible via ERS API with ISE.  ServiceNow does not yet have pxGrid interface.  We would be interested in learning your specific use cases for this integration which may lead to a more automated data exchange.

Craig

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was asked before. I found this with google search

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/85366?start=0&tstart=0

To clarify, the other thread was more specific to using Service Now as part of an Approver function.  If goal is to exchange data between ISE and ServiceNow, then that IS possible via ERS API with ISE.  ServiceNow does not yet have pxGrid interface.  We would be interested in learning your specific use cases for this integration which may lead to a more automated data exchange.

Craig

Craig,

Thanks for the info I will take this back to the customer Team and get back to you

I will remove the customer name, this is a public forum

thanks jason

One commonly requested ServiceNow<->ISE use case is better Asset Management integration.

If a customer has a mature management process of Asset inventory through ServiceNow, they want to leverage that source of record for authorization for access to the network medium in play.  Simultaneously, they desire to have ISE update ServiceNow with new discovered devices that may not be in their DB for updating asset ownership including the device registration process between both to help automate the tying of owner to asset.

i.e. if ServiceNow is trusted to say these assets are also trusted before ISE just starts discovering through X method, and ISE can leverage that database for immediate access and help improve those processes in parallel, that adds a lot of value and can significantly expedite some rollouts.

Yes, the general use cases are understood.  I should have been more clear.   If you have a specific use case where this functionality has short-term bearing, please share with me as I am tracking customers and use cases.  Send me a message with customer name, specific requirement (for example, push/pull of attributes x, y, z) and business impact, that would be helpful.  Craig

I have a use case for isolating the network hosts from Service-now via Cisco ISE.

Is there any ICE APIs available for POSTing the RESTMessage from service-now to isolate the hosts.