Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and WLC for CWA (Central Web Auth)

shekharmore003
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

As we know that WLC (i.e. 5508) does not support MAB (MAC Auth Bypass) and it supports CWA in 7.2.x.

CWA is a result of successfull MAB. So how CWA work for wireless? So it means WLC support MAB?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The term in the wireless world is mac filtering. so when mac filtering is triggered you will return the CWA portal in the access-accept.

Remember to set your condition in the authentication policy to continue if the user is not found, so the device can hit the default CWA rule.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The term in the wireless world is mac filtering. so when mac filtering is triggered you will return the CWA portal in the access-accept.

Remember to set your condition in the authentication policy to continue if the user is not found, so the device can hit the default CWA rule.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

I've been playing around with this and have it working on 7.3.101 on the WLC 5508, however, I don't seem to be receiving the web redirect correctly.  When I look under the client connections on the WLC I see that the URL is received on the WLC from ISE, but it appears to be truncated, unless that's just a limitation of the display.  I see hits on the ACL-WEBAUTH-REDIRECT ACL on the controller, but it doesn't seem to be redirecting.  I have this similar configuration on the wired side of the house and it works fine.  ISE just shows pending webauth, as it should.

Security Policy Completed      No

Policy Type        N/A

Encryption Cipher       None

EAP Type        N/A

SNMP NAC State       Access

Radius NAC State       CENTRAL_WEB_AUTH

CTS Security Group Tag      Not Applicable

AAA Override ACL Name      ACL-WEBAUTH-REDIRECT

AAA Override ACL Applied Status     Yes

AAA Override Flex ACL      none

AAA Override Flex ACL Applied Status     Unavailable

Redirect URL       

https://.com:8443/guestportal/gateway

IPV4 ACL Name     none

IPv4 ACL Applied Status      Unavailable

IPv6 ACL Name       none

IPv6 ACL Applied Status     Unavailable

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you post the screenshot of your acl. Also can you post the screenshot of the advanced settings. Also are you in flexconnect mode?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Not running in FlexConnect mode for this WLAN.

David,

Please permit the dns and also allow full access to ISE (for testing purposes) and you redirection should work fine. With wireless the behavior is a bit different from the wired where you have to deny any "exempt" redirection traffic.

Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

Tarik Admani

Tarik,

I do have similar issue.I have configured a WLAN on my WLC and trying to setup ISE central web authentication...

do have similar ACL setup on WLC and have the authorization profile on ISE pointed to the redirection.

I get connected to internet without redirection to web auth and on ISE authentications, it shows as pending..

Please help

BG

Thanks

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Central Web Authentication

In the case of Central Web Authentication (CWA), the web-authentication occurs on the ISE server. The web portal in the ISE server provides a login page to the client. Once the credentials are verified on the ISE server, the client is provisioned. The client remains in the POSTURE_REQD state until a CoA is reached. The credentials and ACLs are received from the ISE server.