Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE AP profiling

Moudar
VIP
VIP

Hi

I got this first question: Do we have profiling licenses? If yes, which of these? I want to profile our APs and we have about 1000 pcs.

ise-licenses.JPG

What are ISE essentials licenses used for?

Any guide that shows how to activate prfiling and profile APs of many models.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Moudar yes you do, you need advantage licenses to use profiling, though you can only use profiling for 3000 devices, which I assume is enough to cover your APs?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/ise-licensing-guide-og.html

An advantage license is consumed when an endpoint with RADIUS session uses profiling classification in an authorization policy, the license is freed up when the session ends.

View solution in original post

@Moudar  I should have mentioned, Cisco ISE licenses are of the nested-doll model, which means that the higher tier license includes all the lower-tier features. For example, the ISE Premier license includes all the features that are mapped to ISE Advantage and ISE Essential licenses.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@Moudar yes you do, you need advantage licenses to use profiling, though you can only use profiling for 3000 devices, which I assume is enough to cover your APs?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/ise-licensing-guide-og.html

An advantage license is consumed when an endpoint with RADIUS session uses profiling classification in an authorization policy, the license is freed up when the session ends.

So you mean I need advantage licenses which I don't have? As you can see above I have only these licenses!

@Moudar  I should have mentioned, Cisco ISE licenses are of the nested-doll model, which means that the higher tier license includes all the lower-tier features. For example, the ISE Premier license includes all the features that are mapped to ISE Advantage and ISE Essential licenses.

OK, then I have the required licenses. Do we have any new guide that shows the profiling process, because what I found is from 2012!