cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE AWS SFTP Transfer to S3 Issue

courtlandmoore
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup SFTP transfer service to S3 in my AWS deployment of ISE.  I've tried to run backups and the ISE states they were sucessful.  However, when I check the S3 bucket there are no files to be found.  I turned on debug file transfer via CLI and see the below error.  I am using PKI as the method of authentication and I've uploaded the generated pub key to my SFTP user in AWS.  

ISE-01/iseuser#show repository CONFIG-Backup
6 [717196]:[info] transfer: cars_xfer.c[333] [system]: sftp dir of repository CONFIG-Backup requested
6 [717196]:[info] transfer: cars_xfer_util.c[2643] [system]: Server validation successful x.x.x.x
7 [717196]:[debug] transfer: sftp_handler.c[1270] [system]: Running sftp command: x.x.x.x isesftpuser *** /ise-repo/ ls -l /ise-repo/
3 [717196]:[error] transfer: sftp_handler.c[1094] [system]: sftp_run_parent Error: sftp_run_parent failed to read passphrase

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout  (corrected) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nls6SzrK4Cw
    presumably settings will remain the same for your ISE version , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
In this short video, ISE TME Hosuk Won demonstrates how to configure an ISE 3.1 repository in AWS S3. For more ISE related information and to ask questions, please visit our online community at http://cs.co/ise-community/

This is the exact same video I used to set this all up.  I have reviewed it several times to make sure I followed the steps correctly.

- Is the Cisco-ISE version sufficiently recent ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I'm running version 3.3.0.430

- I think you will need to invoke Cisco's TAC then (if desired)

M.