cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE BYOD Error: "We are unable to determine access privileges" on redirect

bkepford1
Level 1
Level 1

I am running ISE 1.1.1 and have gone through the design guide and setup the certificate based wireless authentication and device registration process using the ISE as a SCEP proxy for handing out certificates.  On the device registration portal instead of showing the device MAC the policy services node MAC shows up and I get an error that says "We are unable to determine access privileges in order to access the network. Please contact your adiminstrator."

The an hour later I can connect just fine. The authentication logs on ISE are exactly the same in both cases. So it seems like a bug I opened a TAC case but am also posting here.

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I noticed this if I was going to a cached page. If I browse to a new page that hasnt been redirected like google, then ebay, or espn it works fine. I saw this only once, but i havent tried it an a couple days since then.

Good luck.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

I am seeing this a lot.  Tarik, I took your advice and tried to go to a new page instead of one that could be cached, but it didn't help...

Curiously, the ISE server's mac address is filled in when I get this error.

If TAC gets you an answer please do share...

I havent opened a TAC case and havent seen this issue since when i first set this up.

Can you go to your devices portal (https://ipofise:8443/mydevices) login using your credentials and see if the device is registered or the status is set to lost. I would suggest deleting if it is there and try going through the process again.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

bkepford1
Level 1
Level 1

After the registration process goes through which it eventually does it receives a certificate and then authenticated with EAP-TLS and I don't get the message.

The MAC shown is the policy services node.

Roberto.Carmona
Level 1
Level 1

Hey bkepford, I'm having the same issue as you. I got the same error when I log in into the guest portal. Did you found a solution for this?