Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE CLI Debug output

masyamad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi dev team,

AFAIK when I enabled debug by cli command (like debug backuprestore 7), the debug log will be recorded in ADE.log on ACS.

But on ISE, ADE.log doesn't have any debug output even with debug all. I tested ISE2.3 and 2.4 then got same result. Is it expected? How should I configure ISE to record CLI debug output in ADE.log or other files in support-bundle?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvm08770 is a known issue in ISE 2.4.

Other than that, you are correct that enabling DEBUG in ISE admin CLI giving the outputs only to the terminal session where the DEBUG is issued to, but not logged to any files in the ISE node. There does not appear any requirement for ISE to do so. If you have a good use case to log it into an ISE system file and included into ISE support bundle, please go ahead and request an enhancement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvm08770 is a known issue in ISE 2.4.

Other than that, you are correct that enabling DEBUG in ISE admin CLI giving the outputs only to the terminal session where the DEBUG is issued to, but not logged to any files in the ISE node. There does not appear any requirement for ISE to do so. If you have a good use case to log it into an ISE system file and included into ISE support bundle, please go ahead and request an enhancement.

Thanks for the comment. I just want to confirm if it's expected and no specfic requirement for the point. I'll share the info with TAC taking care of my customer's issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: