Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE client location w/Flexconnect AP's

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Would anyone know if its possible to setup ISE to report on client location based on a flexconnect ap location?  I have the client location graphs in ISE showing that all of my wireless clients are in the same location due to the fact that they all authenticate through the WLC.  The lan clients are correctly categorized in the correct location based on the snmp location set on each switch.

Dan.

3 Replies 3

agrissimanis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

Which reports in ISE do you refer to? I thought the reports in ISE determine the location of the switch from the network device group the device is in, not the SNMP location.

I am quite certain that you won't be able to get reports based on Flexconnect AP location in ISE. Prime infrastructure should be able to  do that.

Regards,

Agris

Not "reports", just "report" or list, or show...

This is the chart for the endpoint device location.  As you can see there are 1194 wireless devices connected but they all "report" as being located in DC1, which is where the WLC is located.  This is not true as they are connected via FlexConnect AP's and are actually in different locations.

In Prime Infrastructure, all of the clients connected to FlexConnect AP's are reported as in the location where the AP is.

Hope that makes sense.

Dan.

On WLC, if you set the "Called Station ID" (under Security -Radius-Authentication) to one of the options that includes AP name/Flex Group/AP group, then under the Authentication detail in ISE Live Log you can see from which AP/Group the request came from. But that is just for the individual authentication event, unfortunately I have not found a way to view the statistics or create report on this data from multiple authentications.